Colorado Family pictures are great – they help you create and remember fond memories of your loving family. However, this day can get verystressful, and we want to ensure this doesn’t happen. If you’re stressed it will show, and we want your photos to be carefree. Here are some tips you can use on picture day to help you relax:
1. Take some deep breaths. Deep breathing is a common relaxation method. It can quickly calm your stress level and you can do it anywhere. Breathe in through your nose and exhale through your mouth, counting slowly in your head while letting it all out. Colorado family pictures are all about capturing your family as they are in this moment. You don’t want to look stressed – trust me it will show on camera.
Laughter is the best medicine. No really…..
2. Laugh. Laughter is a great way to release tension. It will also help your family relax to get some genuine smiles in your Colorado family pictures. Have everyone pretend to laugh and they will feel so ridiculous that they will actually laugh. This will ease everyone into relaxation mode.
The final countdown…..
Just kidding we are not going to belt out a Europe song……..
3. Count down slowly (in your head) from 10. Take a deep breath between each number. If you’re still feeling super stressed, start the process over, back at 10.
4. Distract yourself. If your family isn’t cooperating and you are getting stressed, I
will suggest that we play a game or take a walk. This will let some of the energy out and also give us some good interacting Colorado family pictures. Prior to your session, think of a short game that your family would enjoy – it could be something like duck, duck, goose, or dancing to head, shoulders, knees, and toes, etc.
You can also distract yourself by going to your ‘happy place.’ Try to take yourself out of the situation you’re in and let your mind wander.
Relieve the tension
5. Trace your hand. Take your finger and trace a figure eight on the palm of your opposite hand. This helps relieve stress and muscle tension so that it doesn’t show in your Colorado family pictures.
Hugs & Kisses
6. Give lots of XOXOs. Not only will these make for cute Colorado family pictures, but one of the most effective ways to relieve stress is to hug someone or to kiss them. Gather your family in a big group hug, or give your husband a kiss and let your worries melt away.
Let’s be friends
Colorado family pictures should be fun, not stressful. We are creating your memories, telling YOUR story. Don’t be afraid to snuggle with your babies or tickle your kiddos. We are capturing you in this moment! Reach out to me here for more information! You can also check out our Instagram or Facebook to see what we have been up to!